Sydney Harbour is not the only waterfront in Sydney. There are other opportunities in Sydney to live the waterfront lifestyle. The Georges River has many opportunities in which to acquire an affordable piece of Sydney Real Estate.
We have set out below a number of recent transactions along the Georges River and Botany Bay that provide a snapshot of what is available on this waterway.
- Vacant waterfront land at 136 Moons Avenue, Lugarno – sold in June 2019 for $950,000
- 6 Bedroom House at 1 Bonnet Avenue, Como – sold in August 2018 for $1,950,000 which included jetty and pontoon
- Beautiful 4 bedroom House with Boathouse, jetty and Pontoon at Marine Drive, Oatley – sold in June 2019 for $2,460,000
- 5 Bedroom Residence with Boathouse at Discovery Place, Oyster Bay – sold in March 2019 for $2,800,000
- Huge house on double block in Pleasant Way, Blakehurst – sold in October 2018 for $5,000,000
- 2 storey house in Sylvania Waters with Jetty and pontoon – sold in June 2019 for $2,540,000
This is just a snapshot of some recent waterfront sales along the Georges River. What is evident is that waterfront homes in this part of Sydney are affordable and probably half the price of what is available on Sydney Harbour.
This is definitely a market that commands attention for families that would love to live the waterfront lifestyle.
However, buyers should be careful and undertake a thorough due diligence in this market. There are substantial differences in tides in certain parts as well as restrictions on the type of boat you can moor at your backyard. Bridges are scattered along the waterway, and you definitely need to purchase at the right location of the river if you have a sailboat or large boat with large flybridge.
If you would like to pursue or discuss your next purchase on the Georges River, give the Waterfront Buyers Agency Team at Carver Lawyers a call on 02 8916 6104.
Dean Carver – 02 8916 6104
Solicitor | Waterfront Buyers Agent